Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What is our part in this life?

Have you ever wondering, what is exactly you're doing in this universe?
What is exactly YOUR CONTRIBUTION to this world?
Well, I have. I have wondering. A lot.
What is exactly I'm doing in this universe. I'm not so sure tho, what is my duty here. I'm still trying to be a human being. I don't have any real job, any real academic title, any real life. Hehehe. But I see people around me. People in some buildings, people on the street, people on the mountains. Here and there. They look occupied, busy. But are they make contribution to the world? Are they?
Some are, some are not.
Why can I said that?

Well, let see...
Contribution from the word contribute. Contribute define as to give or supply in common with others; give to a common fund or for a common purpose; to make a contribution: contributes to several charities (yourdictionary.com, 2006). In simple meaning, my meaning. Hehehe. To contribute is to give to others.

Like I said earlier, some people are contribute but some people are not. Some people help others, some people 'forget' to help others. Right? Right *grin* ^_^

I saw an old women selling fruits on some street the other day. I looked at her. She occupied, she's not really busy. She barely read thick text books, I doubt she had a Phd after her name. I even doubt she's remember her birthday. But she does, make a contribution. Maybe not to the world, the whole world. But to this particular one boy. A boy who lost her mommy in the crowded street. He's crying, scared, hungry and lost her mother. On that busy afternoon, hot day, I'd say. No one really cares why the boy's crying out loud, looking confused. Even me, I'm busy looking. Looking for nothing. This boy and this old women, she looked at him.

This boy using white t-shirt and tiny jeans and nice little shoes. I dont know what surrounds her, but he suddenly came to her, still crying but he came to her. She carried him with her, they talking. Maybe to comfort him a little. He stoped crying eventually. She gave him a yellow banana. He ate it and he calmed. Two strangers from different background, different shoes, different generation. They meet. Giving and simply taking.

Not so long after that, a young woman, happen to be the mother of the boy came along and found the boy. She couldn't feel any happier than the moment she saw her little boy face. Save. She thanked the old lady. They smiled. A smile that day was surely the most beautiful gift for both of them. A simple and sincere smile. Suddenly, I feel hope. Hope in me. That I too, can make a different from a simple thing. Even just a simple smile.

But I am sure we are much better than this...
We can contribute. Even just a simple smile.

I am too, learning to clean my heart and contribute to the world.
I have hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some say forgiving is Divine--but now-a-days it's almost essential unless we want to live in fear and anger. There are some absolutely free programs (subliminal and hypnosis) available from Eldon Taylor's site at www.innertalk.com/ They helped me.